Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer?

Dear Blogees,

I am so sorry it has been a while! I have been working for Target as an 'Executive Intern' and it has been sucking up all of my free time, which has lead me to the topic of this post. I realize that the older I get, the less fun summer becomes. This summer has been all about stretching myself, going outside of my comfort zone, and is very much not carefree. This past week I have been awake before 5 am, and already at work... I have responsibilities to go to work everyday, 40 hours a week, to make money.

 https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=9696334d13&view=att&th=130ee4e43fffdece&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw
My co-intern and friend Allie and I! 

I think this job has provided a wonderful and realistic view into the future. As much as I dread homework and tests, I think one day I will miss it. I don't love waking up every morning realizing that I have a full day of non stop, crazy, hectic learning and working in front of me. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. It is hard, and challenging, and sometimes leaves me cranky if I don't get enough sleep the night before! haha

Something that has been so beneficial about working for Target is that I have the opportunity to tap into the business side of things. Being a social work major doesn't necessarily give me those opportunities. However, through this experience I have realized that I cannot wait to do social work. I don't think I could have picked something I would have loved more. Retail and business is great, but it doesn't make me feel motivated or passionate. I feel excited about social work and where that will lead me. I can't wait for this year to unfold at my social service internship, I can't wait to talk with people and look at life through their scope.

More than anything, I want this summer to reflect. I want to prepare myself for my final year in school. I want to be ready to go after the things that I want. I am so grateful for this summer, no matter how chaotic it is.

                                                 photo.JPG


Going to sleep early,
Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment