Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm growing up so fast!

Hey Faithful Blog Readers,

I have so many updates for you! First of all, I have just under $1,500 left to raise for my trip this summer! I am so excited that it is coming up before I know it, and I am becoming more and more prepared and learning more about the area I will be serving in.

If you are interested in giving to me (which I would be more than appreciative about) the link is: http://apps.facebook.com/fundrazr/activity/7e8a30fe69584af9a3b72d42b2818625?srid=ee493021d3eb4d5b8ab2a0f5b53c2431&ref=nf

or my address of course: PO Box 9521 Unit 4110 Azusa, CA 91702



Secondly, I just registered for my last fall semester of COLLEGE! I can't believe I am going to be a senior next year. I am graduating before I know it, and it crept up on me so fast! I find out where I will be interning on April 5th, which I am sure you will be hearing about once I find out. I will be at a social service internship 16 hours a week, and the possibilities are endless.

Lastly, I have been working with some fifth graders at a local school based on the topic of self-esteem! It has been such a joy and an incredible learning experience working as a group facilitator. I feel so blessed to be in a hands on learning major that I truly get so much enjoyment out of. I go to the school every week, and I work with eight 5th grade boys and girls, and we talk about self-esteem and do exercises that encourage deeper learning and growth.

I am so looking forward to next year, when I can get straight to the point. I don't need to go to stats, or Spanish, or any other classes, but I can just focus on what I am earning my degree in! Life now is good, and I realize attitude is everything. So even though, I am looking forward to this summer and to this next year, the moment now is sweet, and stretching. Therefore, I am working on enjoying the now... Don't be fooled I'm not a perfectionist at this by any means. :)



Embracing the now but excited for the future,
Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment